A new approach to emotional health.* Formulated for those seeking to manage their mood and support relaxation, Dr. Perlmutter created Mood+ with clinically studied probiotics (16 probiotic strains and 50 billion CFU), prebiotic fiber from premium Organic Acacia (A. Senegal), Organic Ashwagandha and Organic Alaskan Blueberries.
- Contains the probiotics L.helveticus R0052 and B. longum RO175 in the amounts clinically shown to support mood and relaxation*
- Has 350mg of Organic Ashwagandha and Organic Alaskan Blueberries for stress management*
- Offers digestive and immune system support*
- Made with over 70% organic ingredients—Certified by QCS
- Hypoallergenic, gluten, dairy and soy free, vegetarian
- 2 capsules daily; 60-count
Used in Ayurvedic medicine, Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is an adaptogenic herb that helps to restore balance to the body, including supporting a healthy stress response, mood and memory. Additionally, our AuroraBlue® Alaskan Blueberry Complex—compared to other wild and cultivated blueberries—contains the highest antioxidant activities (up to 10 times higher) to support brain health and a positive mood.
David Perlmutter, M.D., F.A.C.N.
America’s Brain-Health Expert, Board-Certified Neurologist, #1 New YorkTimes Best-Selling Author, Fellow of the American College of Nutrition, and Expert in the Human Microbiome.
Understanding the Human Microbiome
The human microbiome is an evolving collection of trillions of microbial organisms living in and on the human body. Leading research is only just starting to unlock the vast mysteries of the microscopic world of the human microbiome.
So just what could these good bacteria be doing for us? According to David Perlmutter, M.D., these beneficial microorganisms may be responsible for:
- Aiding in digestion and the absorption of nutrients*
- Supporting immune system function*
- Producing and releasing important enzymes and substances*
- Helping with stress management*
- Assisting with countless healthy body systems and processes*
Just What the Doctor Formulated
It’s time to take care of our microbiome. It’s up to us to support and nourish it through what we eat, what we expose ourselves to in our environment and the kind of lifestyle we lead. Dr. Perlmutter advocates honoring this system of health through understanding and avoiding the three biggest forces that work against the health of the gut’s good bugs.
Force #1: Exposure to substances that kill or otherwise adversely change the composition of the bacterial colonies. These include toxic chemicals used in conventional agriculture, household cleaners and in food (e.g., sugar, gluten), and even in water (e.g., chlorine).
Force #2: Unhealthy diet, and poor nutritional support for the diverse tribes of good bacteria (eg. prebiotic fiber).
Force: #3: Stress